Our impressive team of Specialist soft tissue surgeons are based at Chestergates Veterinary Specialists, Lumbry Park Veterinary Specialists, Highcroft Veterinary Referrals, Gilabbey Veterinary Hospital and Dovecote Veterinary Hospital.
Their wealth of experience offers patients the very highest levels of care and a vast array of surgical procedures including:
- Upper respiratory tract – Brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome (BOAS), laryngeal paralysis/collapse, tracheotomy/tracheostomy
- Urogenital – Ectopic ureter, nephrectomy/nephrotomy, prostatic surgery, urethrostomy, urethral sphincter mechanism incompetence.
- Head and neck – total ear ablation and lateral bulla osteotomy, central bulla osteotomy, mandibulectomy/maxillectomy, salivary mucocoele, thyroidectomy and parathyroidectomy.
- Abdominal – Hiatal hernia, gastric distension/volvulus, portosystemic shunts, hepatic lobectomy, biliary diversion, adrenalectomy.
- Thoracic – Vascular ring anomalies, patent ductus arteriosus, pericardectomy, lung lobectomy, diaphragmatic hernia, thymoma removal.
- Skin – skin flap, skin graft, oncological resections.
The soft tissue Specialist team use highly sophisticated facilities including endoscopy, fluoroscopy, CT and MRI, and work closely with other departments, especially internal medicine, cardiology and oncology, for optimal patient care.
Please see below for clinicians at our Specialist-led referral centres